Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back on track....

Well saying I have been distracted lately would be an understatement!!

From being banned from Kimkins for NOTHING to finding out it was someone I called a friend that did it, its been a rough ride.
I have been trying to transition to focusing on me and my new way of eating and living.
Its very hard though, which is why my posts are so scattered and eratic..."DEATH TO KIMKINS", wait, "NO NEGATIVITY, LETS BE POSITIVE" , WAIT DEATH TO KIMKINS!"

Its exhausting to say the least, but I guess its a phase I have to work through and work out of my system so it is what it is. *wink*

Ok, Well today I am back on Induction. I am all set to go with my foods, my mentality is in the right place and I begin the journey I came here for "again".

Gary and the others at kimkins can make fun all they want at my constant loss and regain. As far as I am concerned its pretty high school and immature of a grown man. We all have our struggles. Mine happens to be sticking with a loss plan. Its my mentality I can't get quite right and thats where I am hoping that Dr. Gullo is going to guide me to success. It really is nothing to make fun of though and I feel ashamed for Gary and any one else thats poking fun at me or my friends. At least we continued to be friends to eachother as real friends do right?

Well, anyway, on to losing some weight. I am not rushing it. Kimkins forced me to become obsessed with losing as fast as possible and that can't psychologically be healthy for anyone I don't think. Low Carb is a lifestyle Thats one of the most important lessons I am learning. Its not a quick fix crash slam diet. Its a lifestyle. You have your whole life to learn how to eat and nourish your body and lose weight along the way. Its a journey. Mine may be longer than some, but its mine, not theirs.

Happy Thursday friends! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I was on the Labor day challeng with you. I dropped at the end of July when my eyes got opened to the dangers.

So sorry Gary treated you that way, no one has a right to belittle someone about their struggles. We have all been there and done that.

Any word on your friend Martine. I have always worried about how little she ate. Hope she is fine.

Take care and Good Luck with atkins

Etheral Kim said...

Hi Christy!

You know I was thinking of Martine the other day. I worried as well for her as she ate so little and was using laxatives daily! Oh man I wish I had a way to find her. But you know, mayeb she stopped posting there and actually slowly transitioned herself out because of what we now know. I hope so.

Thanks for popping in and your kind words. I was and still am very hurt by what Gary did.

Jackie Patti said...

People don't say WOE instead of diet cause it's kewl, but because they actually change their way of eating... for life. When it's changed at that deep a level... it doesn't matter so much if you have a bad day. On a good day, I eat well. On a bad day, I eat well but am in a crappy mood.

My diet is sustainable... something I can live with - day-in and day-out, week after week, month after month, year after year. It's *not* ideal... it'd be better if I ate more fish, less dairy. Times when I get too busy, I don't get enough fruits and veggies in and get too many bunless burgers in. But I can live with it.

My husband and daughter do not low-carb, and there's foods here that they eat that are off-limit for me. Not a problem. Those aren't foods for *me*. Just like the cat food is here and doesn't "tempt" me.

It needs to change really deep-down... with a permanent commitment. Hopefully, you will find the way to make that level of commitment *before* you wind up diabetic, as I did.

Good luck.

Etheral Kim said...

Hi there jpatti!

I understand what you're saying which is exactly what I said my my blog post. Its a WOE for life. A lifestyle change.

I am not obese, thankfully and I don't load up on crap. If anything I would sneak in the bun with the burger but it was alway 100% whole wheat. I haven't had rice, potatoes, pasta or white bread or any white flour starchy product in ages. my problem is overeating carbs in general to where I am only sustaining my weight vs losing. I am not concerned with becoming diabetic, thankfully because I don't eat sugar and like I said, load up on bad carbs. I haven't had sugar for years. Nor have I drank regular soda. Well I shouldn't say I haven't had sugar. I have had my occasional chocolate treat, but I add sugar to nothing. I watch it very closely because my father in law is a diabetic and not doing so hot. I have been working on hubby for this reason.

For some reason I feel defensive to your post, maybe I am taking it wrong, if so I am sorry. It just seems as though your telling me I said what I said because it's "kewl", not because I understand the concept. maybe you can clarify for me, the tone of its just a bit off for me. ???

Amy said...

Kim,
I am so sorry that you were hurt by the thoughtless and uncaring people of "the dark side". Just know that there are many of us who care for you and support you no matter what your weight does.

Minimimi

Etheral Kim said...

Minimimi ((((HUGS))))

Thank you!

theTRUTH said...

{{{ BIG HUG }}}

Unknown said...

Boy, can I relate! I'm right with you, one moment I'm so mad, then I'm sad, then I feel like I've moved on and I'm happy and I'm soooo over it, and then I get that stupid Kimkins newsletter in my email today, and I'm back to PO'd again. sigh

Etheral Kim said...

(((HUGS))) Kelly!

I guess it will pass for all of us. I swear Kimmer is sending that stuff to JUST US to say FU, ya know? I am just deleting them and walking away. I have enough stress in my life, LOL :)