Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Rambling....

Well its monday again. This is good and bad for me.
Good - I am much more likely to be a good girl diet wise during the week.
Bad - Its monday!

Ok so I was on plan all weekend! I was down another half lb on Saturday. Then I spent the day splitting and stacking wood, throwing around really heavy logs, and probably burned all carbs in my system, plus about 2000 calories! We literally went from 10am to about 6pm. Non stop except to grab a drink and bite to eat.

I was so crippled and tired and decided, even though it was going to slow my progress I would enjoy a couple low carb beers by the camp fire. We had a big bonfire, me and hubby that night.

So I did,. I had the beers. I ate on plan, stayed legal. But the beers totaled 18 carbs. UGH! I am only allowed 20 on induction, so needless to say I was soooo close to ketosis and now I am on day 1 again. Well - not really. I am technically, because beer and going over 20 grams of carbs a day is not induction legal, but I am just moving forward, instead of telling myself, "I blew it, and have to start over" I don't think there is a more discouraging thing you can say to yourself when you slip up, or choose to cheat.
The Thin Commandments has tought me new self speaking, that is encouraging and forgiving, NOT discouraging and critical. I will never again say "I blew it" and this is his exact advice in the book.

So, Day 5, I am down a total of 1.5 lbs since I started, I am still on track, and won't be doing any more drinking. I am not weighing again until Thursday. Thats the weigh in date I set for myself.

So - I bought these Jeans in a size 11 from Charlotte Russe. LOVE that store! I can get into them but they are tight and I have a bit of a muffin top, LOL :)

So My goal, my motivation, is to be able to "comfortably" wear them by Sunday Oct 7th. Thats 2 weeks away and I know I can lose enough inches by then to have a good fit.

Now.....Kimkins Rambles......

Another friend of mine has been banned. Her and I discussed a "friend" over there on our new home forum and all we said was that we believed she spoke with my banner (lasttimeforme/Gary) we were not sure we trusted her. You see, we had been trying to maintain friendship with this woman, but the Kimkins drama got in the way. She is an AVID supporter of fraudkins, and we are not. But we tried. So, somehow she saw or got wind of our chat in my new journal because she emailed us both saying how we can spread ugly thoughts about her if we want and bash her, but that she knows who she is and where she stands. Ok fine, but we really didn't bash anyone. We simply conversed on the possibility that she may be in cahoots with Mr. Ban Happy Gary.
Well not long after, BAM My dear friend was Banned.

Now this really bothers me because this is a woman (the banners friend) that runs all over the forum spreading cheer and support, and tells everyone she loves them, and that's all fine, but not so real I suspect, since we left and she turned on us. Well I won't be surprised if she is made admin very soon!! Congrats girl!

Kimkins is a Spell your under people! C'mon and get your head out of your asses please.

Kimmer/Heidi/whoeversheistoday - says if you modify the plan your not following Kimkins. OK! Great - the plan as followed makes people sick and lose their hair. Wake up folks! Its not people like you who have just basically been doing Atkins, by upping your fat and calories, (not Kimkins), that are losing hair. Its the ones that follow the diet to a T as Ms Fraudy pants says to do.

Stop defending a diet your NOT DOING!

So lets see what are you left with to stand on? NOTHING. The freak of nature Kimmer is a fraud, ok so you resort to yelling how we don't know how to follow the diet and make it work for us, but , thats not Kimkins, so really your doing Atkins and defending it?

Doesn't make much sense to me....but ok you go with that if it makes you sleep better at night supporting fraud and ripping people off. Sweet dreams! :)


Closing....

Happy Monday friends! :)

4 comments:

chickycola said...

Happy Monday girl! I'm on day one of induction today too! We can so do this again.... ;)

vn7wl said...

Hey Kim,

Let me just start by saying that I really do care for you and that I hope you are doing well for yourself!!! And Good work on the weight loss so far!!! That is awesome!! I am sorry that so many of your friends have hurt you by banning you and sticking together....that is sad and unfourtunate.

I do not share your views about Kimkins, but hope that we can still remain friends. I just do not feel that because I choose to do a diet (before the baby of course)that may or may not work for some makes me an IDIOT or stupid or blind or anything else. I choose to follow a diet for me. Maybe it is not so much the diet...maybe it is the people, the relationships you form, or think you formed.... I lost 45 pounds, eating on that plan with no adverse side effects, and only used a laxative twice until my body got used to the high protein.

I am a very smart and well educated woman....and I dont feel as if I have been ambushed or blind sided. I do feel that it is not the right diet for everyone. I do feel that some people are not cut out for the restrictions and have a hard time following it.

But if it is right for you....even if you only do it for a week to get into a "special dress" Then it was worth it. Wasn't it. Weren't all the wonderful comments worth it at the time? I am just saying that perhaps it isn't right to put people down for there decisions...no matter how harmful you think they may be. From either side. You are no better than I am, and I am no better than u. We just choose different paths of weight loss, and neither of us should bash the others choices...this is America. What is the point.

It just feels by reading your posts that you are doing more than stating your opinion on your personal view of Kimkins...it reads as if you think that the people who choose to do this diet...who aren't having problems...who many you do not personally speak with who have tried everything else...are some weird kind of cult or are complete idiots with no brain. Which since I am a member, and do like the plan...makes me feel that u feel I am below you or some kind of an idiot.

Sorry, that is just how it comes off. I know you are hurt by the happenings....and for that I am sooo sorry...but we are not all like that....and we do not all deserve to be put down.

I find it a better choice to try it this way than to die during a surgery or die when I am still in the prime of life because of weight issues that are everywhere throughout my family.

This is a blog about you and your success...your rise over the weight. It should be a happy place for you to come and share with people. It doesn't have to be a place to bash people for their decisions or views on opposing weight loss issues. YOu are a beautiful person Kim, and I hope that we can still be friends.

Much Love,
Vanessa

Etheral Kim said...

Chicky! Hey! Hope you had a clean Day 1- I did :) I am weighing once a week so Thursday is day 7 since I started and thats my weight day. Good luck, stay cheat free and be good *wink*

Etheral Kim said...

Vanessa,
I do understand what your saying and I don't mean to Bash anyone, and I certainly would never intentionally attack you or anyone that has continued to treat me with respect through this whole Kimkins ordeal. I do adore you and respect you.

Yes, my posts may come of as bashing to anyone who has success on Kimkins, and thats not what I want, really! I am hurt, and very angry, and feel completely disrespected by those that WERE supportive to my face and then bashed me behind my back. Those are the one's I lash out at. And I don't even expect that they read this, Its for me to get it out.
Its lashing out at the Gary's who make fun of me for not being successful on the diet. It brings me back to grade school when Kids were cruel and picked on other kids. Its hurtful and immature and It makes me feel a little better to lash out at THOSE people in my posts sometimes. My blog is a reflection of what I am dealing with at the moment unfortunately and believe me when I say that I don't mean to insult good, decent people like you.

I know you had tremendous success on the diet, as have many with no adverse side effects. Its that people like Gary say they are doing Kimkins, and adding in more fats and such and losing weight (Atkins once again), and then bashing those of us that tried to follow it to the letter as Kimmer said to or "your not doing Kimkins." and had the adverse side effects. The fact is that Kimmers Diet to the letter for an extended period of time is not good for you and does cause side effects. No, being overweight and at risk for health problems is not healthy. I don't mind that people disagree with me, I DO mind being banned from a site that I paid to be part of, and bashed for disagreeing, as do the other hundreds of members that have felt the same wrath from Kimmer and her ban happy admins.

I know you're not all jerks over there Vanessa, and I didn't leave and turn on everyone there. I still have friends that, and I have a box of PM's that I can't even read, but Kimmer finds it funny that I still have access to the recipes and diets.

So, yes I am pissed off beyond belief. I am so sorry if you feel that it reflects on you personally, thats not my intention but unfortunately when I bash Kimkins it comes across to you all. You did not ban me, make fun of me, disrespect me, delete my heart felt good bye post to my friends and my signature. You are a good person and I am happy for your success and your new little one coming and would like to remain friends.
If something happens that makes me hurt or angry I am going to post about it here, and its not a reflection of how I feel about you at all.

Much love back at ya!
Kim