Saturday, September 15, 2007

Full Speed ahead!

Well here I am day 2 of Atkins and happy as a clam! I am down a total of 1.5 lbs. WOO HOO, YIPPEE!!

I really do love this WOE and feel healthier on it in these 2 days than I ever did on Kimkins.

You know when you begin a new WOE or Diet as some like to call it, and your in full boar, full speed ahead. Motivated, dedicated, thrilled at the thought of your sucess and all of the many ways it will change your life. You see yourself at goal, wearing clothes you now could never. You imagine being in social situations without the anxiety of being fatter than the other girls, or what they possibly could be saying to themselves about your fat stomach or how much weight you've gained. These are all of the emotions I feel today. What a feeling. Its freeing and exciting.

Unfortunately somehow there comes a time when I start seeing inches lost and lbs leaving, that I start loosing steam. I hate this part of dieting. I lose 10 or 20 lbs and start getting sloppy with my eating, gain some weight back go off the diet and have to start all over again.
Well if you read Dr. Gullo's "The Thin Commandments" you know he addresses this and helps teach you how to stay focused through this time.

I am relying heavily on his teachings for this go at it.

Thus far he has contributed a couple things to my success plan that have worked wonders.

1) GG CRISP BREAD!!! Oh my god I am In love. They are yummy and ZERO net carbs! They are like bread and a cracker and totally satisfy my undying desire for breads. These are going to be my lifesaver. My new favorite, top 2 with egg salad and enjoy!
Then I tried 2 toped with some mayo and turkey breast and it was like having a toasted sandwich! I make an incredibly yummy shrimp dip that you eat with crackers and when I low carb I never ate it but had to watch everyone else eat it. Now I can enjoy it with my crisp breads guilt free!
2) Instead of walking by a tray of bagels or cookies in your lunchroom at work (this is a regular at my office), and saying, "I can't have those" I now say "those don't work for me"
This seems so simple and silly, but let me just say that I am able to walk away from that food not feeling a bit deprived.

Dr. Gullo - I love you! :)

So with his techniques for weight loss on the psychological end of it and Dr. Atkins food plan on the other, I would say I have a recipe for success wouldn't you? *wink*

2 comments:

Christin said...

Hey Kim... we have a whole forum on the Thin Commandments over at LCD! Come check it out! LOVE the Thin Commandments!

Etheral Kim said...

Thanks Christin I will be sure to! I will have to register :)